PHD PROGRAMME IN MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION STUDIES
Find all the important information in our Practical Guide to Doctoral Studies.
Centre of Doctoral Studies
Since 2012, the Centre for Doctoral Studies (CDS) has been operating at each Institute of the Faculty of Social Sciences of Charles University. Their role is to contribute to the functioning of doctoral studies through the involvement of its members in the research, teaching and internal organization of postgraduate programs. In its activities, CDS focuses on supporting doctoral candidates, current doctoral students, and the Institute of Communication Studies and Journalism (ICSJ) itself.
CDS members can be contacted:
- via e-mail: email@example.com
- by telephone: 222 112 256
- in person: room no. 111, Hollar building
You can find the recommended dissertation thesis template here.
The quotations in the dissertation thesis can be done according to standards ČSN ISO 690, ČSN ISO 690-2, or other recommended citation styles (Harvard, Chicago). Please, study the manuals of each style in detail. For CSN it is possible to use the citation generator www.citace.com (but carefully, all citations must be checked). The faculty library website also provides good service faculty library website.
Harvard citation refence guide. The citation generators exist also for Harvard style.
Word tools (Reference >> Source Management) or special programs such as Zotero can help you manage your literature.
BOARD OF STUDY
The Board of Study monitors and evaluates doctoral studies, coordinates the content planning of studies and evaluates the implementation of the doctoral program.
- approves the student's individual study plan, dissertation topics and proposes to the Dean the appointment or removal of the supervisor
- assesses the study of individual students, particularly through approving student assessments and changes in the student's individual study plan
- submits to the Dean proposals of opponents of doctoral theses and the composition of the committee for state doctoral examinations and defense of doctoral theses
|prof. Nico Carpentier, Ph.D.||chairman|
|prof. PhDr. Jan Jirák, Ph.D.|
|prof. MgA. Martin Štoll, Ph.D.|
|doc. PhDr. Martin Soukup, Ph.D.|
|doc. PhDr. Alice Němcová Tejkalová, Ph.D.|
|doc. PhDr. Denisa Hejlová, Ph.D.|
|Josef Seethaler, D.Phil.||external member|
|prof. Fausto Colombo||external member|
|doc. Ilija Tomanić-Trivundža||external member|
|prof. Bart Cammaerts||external member|